The USDA recently announced the new Nutrition Standards for the National School Breakfast And School Lunch Program. At the Dual Language Academy (and at MPUSD), we have implemented most of the changes already in the past few years, based on our commitment to following sound nutrition research and providing nourishing meals to students for lifelong wellness.
Some of these include:
- Whole grain bread, cereals, pasta and rice
- Fresh fruits and vegetables most days of the week
- Protein sources at breakfast to help stabilize hunger through the morning
- Chocolate Milk - Fat-Free High Fructose Corn Syrup eliminated and added sugar reduced to 4grams
- No Trans Fat (unless naturally occurring) in any foods or products